When budgets are tight, the last thing you need is a big bill from your law firm. Choose KSN for just the help you need, provided by experienced Chicago business attorneys who can guide you in the right direction.
KSN is a trusted advisor and consultant to businesses at all stages on a wide range of matters, including leases, operating agreements, workouts and restructuring, insurance and taxes.
Startups and New Businesses
Our corporate attorneys can:
- Help you choose the type of business entity that best fits your need
- Structure and organize the entity, including drafting and reviewing shareholder (buy/sell) agreements, operating agreements, partnership agreements and other governing instruments
- Assist you with employment-related matters, including employment agreements and employee handbooks
- Negotiate, draft and review loan documents, financing agreements, real estate leases, equipment leases and supplier agreements
- Acquire the right insurance
- Understand and manage your risk profile, including your personal risk profile
Established Small and Mid-Sized Businesses
Our business lawyers can:
- Assist with compliance with laws and regulatory matters, including preparation and filing of annual reports and drafting corporate minutes
- Assist you with employment-related matters, including employee stock option plans, discrimination claims and succession planning
- Resolve internal and external disputes, from disputes with clients/customers (including collecting delinquent accounts), suppliers and vendors to construction disputes and mechanics liens
- Work with tax professionals and financial consultants to assist your business in reducing tax consequences and risk, and maximizing profits
- Collaborate with tax professionals, financial consultants and insurance professionals to assist you in reducing tax consequences and risk, and maximizing profits
- Lead mergers & acquisitions from initial discussions all the way through closing
- Help you develop a comprehensive and successful exit strategy, including:
- Satisfy financing/investor issues
- Dispositions of commercial real estate, equipment and other assets.
- Assist with tax planning
- Provide comprehensive solutions with respect to business and succession planning, including estate planning and administration
- Resolve disputes among shareholders or partners through a variety of means including mediation
- Negotiate and document creditors' claims, workouts and bankruptcies
- Recommend and work with attorneys and other business professionals who can assist you with restructuring
Questions about our business law services? Contact us by sending us a message or calling us toll free at 1-855-537-0500.